Job Number: 6874
The Accounts Receivable/Payable Specialist is responsible for opening/sorting mail, processing bank deposits, reviewing AR and AP aging reports, creating credit memos, reviewing and compiling vendor invoices, receiving non-inventory invoices, and working with sales, purchasing, logistics, and corporate teams to keep customer and vendor accounts current. This position requires a knowledge & experience related to accounts receivable and accounts payable procedures.
- Opening & Sorting of Mail
- Processing Bank Deposits
- Reconciling customer and vendor accounts in a timely manner
- Preparing credit memos to keep customer accounts accurate & up to date
- Reviewing Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Aging reports
- Responding appropriately to customers, vendors, and internal requests
- Ensure Accounts Payable vendor invoices match receipts and purchase order
- Prepare month end accruals
- Tracking of monthly, quarterly, and annual expenses
- Provide accounting and clerical support to Plant Controller and corporate office as needed
- Organization Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Time Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Follow Through
- Tracking and Record Keeping
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This position requires some work to be performed on the manufacturing floor. This role is located inside a food manufacturing plant and requires sanitation and Good Manufacturing Practices to be applied.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. At times you may be required to lift up to 25 lbs.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time non-exempt position.
Required Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of manufacturing accounting experience is required or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Must have Comprehensive knowledge of Accounting procedures and principles.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently.
- Must be an independent worker.
- Must demonstrate skill in using Microsoft Office, and internet software with preferred experience in an ERP system, but not mandatory.
- Microsoft Dynamics ERP experience is a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management:
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.